Power-packed homemade 5-ingredient granola bars are perfect for an early morning or weekend in the mountains! They're simple to make and store well in the freezer.
2 Cups Organic Pitted Dates
1/2 Cup Raw, Unfiltered Organic Honey (Filtered honey will work, but for best taste, use unfiltered honey straight from the honey farm)
1/2 Cup Organic Almond Butter (Be sure you purchase one-ingredient Almond Butter - just almonds, no sugar, salt, oil, etc)*
3 Cups Rolled Organic Oats
2 Cups Raw Organic Almonds*
*I recommend using either salted Almond Butter, Salted Almonds, or add a very generous pinch of Himalayan Sea Salt for natural electrolytes.
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Spread oats on cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes
3) Blend dates in a food processor until they form a paste-like substance
4) Place toasted oats, dates, and almonds in a bowl
5) Mix unfiltered honey and almond butter in a saucepan and warm over low heat
6) Pour honey and almond butter mixture over oats, dates, and almonds
7) Mix ingredients until all items are evenly dispersed
8) Pour mixture into a wax or parchment paper lined baking pan (9X13in pan)
9) Flatten ingredients in pan and place in fridge or freezer for at least 15-20 minutes
10) Remove parchment paper and bars from pan and evenly slice into 20 bars
11) Store bars in food storage container in fridge or freezer (storing bars in the freezer will increase their shelf life and keep the bars firm for hikes). I also recommend using a piece of parchment paper between layers of bars when stacking bars in storage container
The most important key to a healthy lifestyle: stay hydrated.
5 top benefits of staying hydrated:
1. Lose Weight – The zero-calorie drink is an effective appetite suppressant, so it helps you eat less. Water also helps breakdown the byproducts of fat, clearing them from your body more quickly.
2. More Effective Exercise – Water gives your muscles fuel to help you push yourself further. Water also regulates your temperature, so you feel better and enjoy the activity more, effectively burning more calories.
3. Better Digestion, Elevated Metabolism – Water helps the body digest food quicker/raises your metabolism. An elevated metabolism means you will burn more calories quicker and you will feel better.
4. Stronger Immune System – Drinking water can help build a stronger immune system allowing you to stay healthy and active, which leads to…
5. Feeling Great – Water helps your body stay in tip top shape, so you can continue doing the things you love. Keeping your body healthy, keeps the mind healthy. The more you care for yourself, the more you’ll like yourself and the world around you.
Water = Vida Fit, life balanced.